COFFEE STAIN NORTH is a small game developer based in Stockholm that belongs to the Coffee Stain family. Since we started in 2013, we have grown to 26 developers and are now looking for a couple of new friends!
We take pride in making games that we ourselves would like to play, a philosophy that has led us to work on multiple kinds of games in the past, like A Story About My Uncle & the Goat Simulator franchise (click here to see what Goat Enough! is)!
Working with us means working in a relaxed and friendly environment, where we value each other and the unique qualities we all bring to the table. Being small has its perks and one of our favorites is how we all have influence over our work/culture and the games we make.
We are now looking for an experienced animator who wants to join our Art team and be part of our exciting journey forward!
You will work closely with everyone involved in the animation pipeline – from the Artists whose meshes you animate to the Designers and Programmers who make your work come to life in-game – which means that communication and solution-oriented collaboration is essential. As an experienced Animator on our team, we encourage you to explore techniques and creative ideas, share knowledge with other Animators, collaborate with our Technical Artist and Programmers to impact your workflows and add your own fun flair to your work.
You will be working in an established pipeline using Autodesk Maya, Unreal Engine 4 and Perforce with room to suggest additional software to improve your workflow.
To succeed in this role, you have previous experience of working with games. You are able to create keyframe animations for gameplay in Maya for NPCs/humanoids, creatures and interactive props, as well as rigging these.
We see that you have experience of:
- Rigging bipeds, quadrupeds, and props
- Keyframe animation for bipeds, quadrupeds and props
- Proficiency in Autodesk Maya
- Basic implementation and quality checking of your own work in a game engine
- Bonus: Experience in Unreal Engine
As we are an organization with employees from different parts of the world, we see that being fluent in English is a requirement.
Perks of working at Coffee Stain
We offer competitive salaries and excellent benefits that go beyond the usual payments to your pension fund and insurances.
- We start every Monday with breakfast together at the office and have fika together on Fridays!
- We believe that a healthy body leads to a healthy mind, so on top of the wellness grant you get some paid time off to work out. Did we mention there are several gyms right beside our office?
- Once a month it’s a whole day of creative Friday which lets your inner passion blossom.
- We also have fun together and get inspired by playing games together once a month on Fridays.
- We also have great parental benefits, including extra pay on top of what you get from the social insurance agency during your parental leave.
- Bridge-days being paid time off.
- And, of course, you will be part of a wonderful team of colleagues working Goat Simulator franchise and what´s next!
The position is permanent, full-time, 40 hours per week. We have a hybrid setup and offer the possibility of working from home 2 days per week. Our office is newly renovated, and located in Kungsholmen, Fridhemsplan. We have, among other things, a ping-pong table, a big lounge area where we hang out, watch movies, or play games together, and last but not least – a giant goat statue (what more do you need?).
Apart from us, the Coffee Stain group consists of COFFEE STAIN STUDIOS in Skövde (Sanctum and Satisfactory), Coffee Stain Malmö (working on Goat Simulator 3 mobile, among other things) and COFFEE STAIN PUBLISHING who also work with close partners like Iron Gate (Valheim), Ghost Ship Games (Deep Rock Galactic), and Easy Trigger Games (Huntdown) to name a few.
If you are interested, apply! Please note that we need you to provide an animation reel in your application.