About Coffee Stain Studios
Coffee Stain Studios is the biggest development team under the Coffee Stain brand and it's where it all started back in 2010. For the last years we've been developing Satisfactory. The game has been quite the success in Early Access and sold more than 5 million copies.
Micromanaging is not our style, so everyone needs to take responsibility over their own work. We want everyone to feel like they’re contributing to the end product and thrive towards always becoming better at what they do.
Role Description & Responsibilities
- Responsible for maintaining a clear vision and direction of the game and the ability to communicate this to the team.
- Lead the team through best practices and workflows and help them solve design problems as well as help build a good team structure.
- Collaborate with all departments to identify and follow through on strategies as well as deliver continuous feedback.
- Be a keyperson for developing strategies and take part in stakeholder meetings.
- Feels enthusiasm about mentoring and growing talent and help develop people on the team.
- Solid experience with gameplay, metagame and system design
- Proven leadership skills in both inspirational leadership and creative vision for the game as well as past managerial experience
- Strong communication skills where you can excite the whole game team to pursue a direction and can have a healthy conversation with the game leadership
- Preferably 7+ years of development experience within the games industry
- 5+ years of experience in a leadership role in an internal game development studio shipping games.
- Leadership experience resolving conflict, and when needed offering difficult feedback with respect.
- Likes to work agile and hosts workshops to solve problems
We offer relocation help for this position.
The position is permanent, full-time, 40 hours per week on-site.
You will spend the majority of your worktime at our office on Hertig Johans gata in Skövde, but it´s okay to work from home from time to time.
At our office we have a casual workplace environment including bicycle parking, our own amazing in-office gym, game and chill-out zones. There are also plenty in-office hangouts and parties.
You’ll be working with a friendly team that consists of both Swedish and International people. We get plenty of self-development opportunities – tutorials, creative time, participation in various industry conferences and events.
Our office is constantly supplied with breakfasts, snacks, fruits, tea and coffee to keep your energy up.
Coffee Stain Studios is part of a family of several studios, creating a network of over a hundred talented game creators. We talk, throw parties, and support each other professionally. We like the combination of being a relatively small team in our studio combined with the gain belonging to a big, warm community, being able to share invaluable knowledge and experiences with our colleagues.
Perks of being a Coffee Stainer
We offer competitive salaries with excellent benefits. We try to follow the Collective Agreement as close as we can, which means payments to your pension fund and insurances. We also believe that a healthy body leads to a healthy mind, so everybody gets time off to work out. In Sweden there is a well-being allowance called Friskvårdsbidrag that covers extra things like gym subscriptions, swimming, massage etc. There is also an option to book massage sessions at the office.
As an employee you will also have creative time every other week which lets your inner passion blossom. You will also have influence over your own work and taking initiative is encouraged. This goes for the projects we work on as well as life at the office in general.
On top of all that you get to work with an awesome team in an amazing and very spacious office!
You can take a closer look at some of our fabulous crew on our YouTube channel: Coffee Stain YouTube Channel
We look forward to hearing from you!